Standard Terms of Storage
All the terms below are standard and not intended to catch anybody out. They are to keep the caravan site safe and secure for all.
1. All stored caravans / boats / cars / recreational vehicle must be secured as per the
conditions of the insurance policy of the stored caravan / boat / car / recreational vehicle.
2. All personal effects and valuables must be removed from the caravans / boats/ cars/
recreational vehicle and the windows and doors to remain locked during the period on the
3. Wherever possible all gas bottles to be removed from the caravan / boat / recreational
vehicle and no other noxious dangerous, hazardous or explosive goods are permitted.
4. All caravans / boats/ cars/ recreational vehicles must be insured and kept insured
during the period of storage. The landlord has the right to inspect insurance certificates.
5. All caravans / boats / cars / recreational vehicles and the allocated plot area must be
kept tidy and no litter left behind.
6. All caravans / boats / cars / recreational vehicles are to be parked correctly within the
7. No trading is permitted from the site, and caravans / boats / cars / recreational vehicles
must not be offered or advertised for sale whilst on site.
8. Caravans / boats / cars / recreational vehicles must not be inhabited during the storage
9. No major repairs are to be carried out on site (minor repairs may be carried out with
the permission of the proprietor)
10. The annual rent is payable in advance, the proprietor has the right to alter the rental
by giving due notice to plot holder
11. In the event of the storage fee being over due a “Legal Lien” will be attached to the
caravan / boat / car / recreational vehicle and will remain in force until the arrears are
settled in full or the “Lien” is other wise discharged.
12. In the event of a negative response to notification of the Lien, Legal action will be
taken to sell the caravan / boat / car / recreational vehicle via The Tortes Interference with
Goods Act 1977. The outstanding arrears will be deducted from the proceeds of the sale,
as will any costs incurred. Any remaining balance will be retained to await your
collection. The proprietor warrants that he / she will seek to attain the best price available
on current market value.
13. The proprietor excludes all liability caused by vermin infestation, a recognised
vermin regime is in place and is monitored regularly.
14. By entering into this agreement the plot holder warrants that he/she has both
ownership and legal title in the stored goods namely the caravan / boat/ car/ recreational
15. In the performance of this contract of bailment the proprietor with at all times act
with due diligence in providing secure storage.
16. No refunds are given.
17. The proprietor excludes all liability for loss or damaged by whatever cause where the
means employed are in excess of the duty of due diligence.
18. Any changes to details provided by plot holder in this agreement must notify the
proprietor without any undue delay.
19. Annual rent is due 1 month before year end.
20. Caravan owners will lock the security gates at all times on entry and exit of the site.
21. Caravan owners will drive cautiously and slowly wwhile onsite and on Barnacre Lane.
22. Caravan owner will consider neighbours and be quiet especially when accessing the site at unsocial hours.
23. Caravan owners will make it easy to identify their caravan by always parking in their allocated space, informing the site owners of any changes in caravan or changes in the car registration and also have their name displayed in the front window.
24. In the event of a caravan owner being unrecognised for whatever reason. Notice shall be served physically on the caravan and action as per term 12 followed.